Valentine's Day (Late) Dinner with her Boyfriend


It's their Valentine's Day Date, Emily and her boyfriend, Evan and his girlfriend, my wife and the man in our lives. The dress without a bra, but lingerie I'd picked for her to wear for him.


"You still feel more jealous than usual?" she asked me when she called this afternoon. 

"Yes," I said, "it's weird, I don't know why."

"Feelings," she said. "It's different than before. Different than with Matthew. Different even than with Evan years ago."

"I know you have feelings for him," I said, "I've known for awhile."

"It's not love, you know."

"I know," I said. I was thinking about what Tanya asked me in a comment, would I ever say no to Emily, would I ask her to stop seeing Evan.

Perhaps, yes. I mean, I think yes. If I thought she was falling in love with him, I'd ask her to stop. If he demanded too much time from her, I'd ask her to stop. It's more emotions and time than being the man in her life. I mean, I accept he's the man in her life, a role I never wanted and even if I had, I gave up long ago.

"I like being with him, I like when he's in charge. It's like I can relax and just be led, like I can let this part of me out, this slut, this whore. I can just be his for a few days."

"He likes that."

"He does," she said, "he likes there's a part of me that's just his and no one else's."

"Does he ever get jealous?"

"Maybe...there's part of me that's yours and no one else's."

"He gets a special part of you."

She laughed. "Trust me, he knows."

"Sorry, I shouldn't keep telling you how jealous I feel."

"Yes you should," she said, "I like the honesty. Will you feel it tonight?"

"I think so," I said.

"When we get back from dinner, I'm going to put on the rest of the outfit for him and tell him you picked it out for him because he's the man in our lives."

"Oh, Emily," I said.

Would I tell her no? I think so. Would I ask her to stop? I think so.

Do I want to, though? No, that's the thing, no, no I don't.

Comments

  1. Hi Sara,
    Thanks for your honesty. I'd just add to your final sentence - "For now"

    Love Tanya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya,
    I can tell you are struggling at the moment with mixed emotions, including jealousy. I understand totally and Emily has identified the reason why her relationship with Evan is different from others and has evolved.
    If I was Emily, knowing how you are feeling, I'd reschedule my flight and return one day earlier than planned. This would show how much she loves you and your importance to her above everything and everyone. After all she has always had your permission and blessing. Without that she'd struggle.
    If she does not do that, maybe her feelings are deeper than she cares to admit.
    Assuming everything stays the same, if I was you I'd ask Emily to limit the longer trip to 3 nights/4 days maximum. More manageable from your point of view.

    Love always

    Tanya xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts