Reflecting

Karrie's Korner, where Karrie posts old posts from my blog, continues to tug at my heart. Go read this post from 2010 about Emily and Evan.

In that post, I said two things that strike me:

"She does not want to "date" Evan. She did not want to date him when she lived there, certainly does not want to date him now. Regardless of me (if I did not exist, she would not want to date him.)"

And:

"Emily is not attracted to him, in any intimate way, mentally. Without the mental, there is not love. Her heart firmly, without question, belongs to me."

I was right and wrong about some of this.

Obviously, she wants to "date" Evan, since she's, well, dating him and since she's his girlfriend and he's her boyfriend. Obviously Emily has feelings for him.

But...but...all these years later, her heart still belongs to me.


Comments

  1. ❤️
    Her heart does belong to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,
    Reading those old blogs about Evan, I was actually struck by how little things have changed ,
    Emily doesn't really "date" Evan - They do not see each other enough. They may call each other "Girlfriend/Boyfriend ", but thats more a courtesy title for the same reason.
    Her heart very much still belongs to you Sara, and Evan fulfills her need for a real man occasionally, maybe 3 times a year. Sure they have feelings for one another, but these pail into insignificance compared with what you 2 share.

    Love always
    Tanya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, reassuring to hear this. I wasn't sure what feelings that old post would evoke. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts